Thursday, July 17, 2008

Christmas in July


When the weather heats up in the middle of July I sometimes need to remember the snow of a Pennsylvania winter! This was the Christmas card I made for this past Christmas.I made 75 of them!

This is an"Inkadinkadoo" stamp by "Brenda Walton" Very Victorian and very intricate.This ornament reminded me of the glass kind my mom always had in that special box marked "FRAGILE!"
I used Embossing Powder to stamp the image. Markers were used for vibrancy. The DP was one of those papers that took your breath away when you saw it! The gold and turquoise and coral colors were accented by raised swirls and dots.There are micro mini crystals in the band of the ornament.I had to use a magnifying glass to see them! I loved the effect that they added to the card.The ribbon was Satin ribbed and I could't believe that I had found an exact color match for the DP!

This was definately an "unconventional" way of doing "Victorian" but it was my interpretation of it! But,then again, I'm an unconventional kind of gal!

2 comments:

deb said...

Shouting from the roof tops! Can you hear me!! WONDERFUL WONDERFUL!!
And to let everyone know, I am one of the lucky ones, She sent me this card!!
Way to go Denise!! Thats my girl!!
hugz

Chris (catt871) said...

WOW, this card is beautiful!!! Welcome to the blogging world!!
Chris